Pages

Monday, July 17, 2017

Welcome back - Linda Weaver Clark

I'm very excited to have Linda back on my blog. She has a new release that she wants to tell us about.






Bio: Linda Weaver Clarke is the author of 22 books: historical romances, period romances, a romantic cozy mystery series, a mystery suspense series, a children’s book, and non-fiction. She has also traveled throughout the United States giving lectures on writing techniques. All her books are family friendly. She lives in Color Country, which is located in southern Utah among all the red mountains.


 
Linda Weaver Clarke is having a Book Giveaway, which will last until Aug 21st: Every visitor will receive 7 EBOOKS FREE if they preorder the Historical Romance: The Fox of Cordovia. For these promotional giveaways, go to https://lindaweaverclarke.wordpress.com.

1. Tell us how your writing career got started.


I have always loved writing. After writing my ancestors’ and parents’ biographies, I couldn’t stop writing. So I turned to historical fiction. Since my ancestors’ stories were so vivid in my mind, I actually gave some of their exciting experiences to the main characters. So my ancestors were the inspiration for getting me started. My first historical romance, Melinda and the Wild West, actually won an award for the Reviewers Choice Award. I have written several different genres since then. All my stories are family friendly.




2. What genre(s) do you write, and why?


My favorite genre is historical romance with adventure. I also have written a romantic cozy mystery series and a mystery/suspense series. I absolutely love stories that are page-turners, which have some mystery, romance, and suspense. I love a romance where the man and woman know they are meant for one another. Even though there are trials along the way, they never give up on the other. I also like strong women characters in a story.




3. What inspired your book, The Fox of Cordova?


All three books in this series are love stories set in the late 1700s. The Rebel Series was inspired by the stories of the American patriots who fought to be free from the dictatorship and tyranny of a king. It’s a theme that is dear to me. Liberty is something that I cherish. It’s a precious gift given to us by those who fought so valiantly. When I read the stories of the American Revolution, my heart swells with gratitude for those loyal patriots. When I look at our flag and pledge allegiance to it, tears well up in my eyes. When I listen to The Star Spangled Banner or God Bless the U.S.A., I get choked up. Especially when it’s sung by a choir.








4. Tell us about your upcoming release and a little about The Rebel Series.


In this swashbuckling romance, a sinister plot has just been uncovered and its up to a former patriot and a young nurse to discover who is behind it. Caroline is engaged to the future mayor of Laketown, a man of influence and greatly respected. But all that changes when she overhears a conspiracy behind closed doors. After being discovered, she runs for her life. Caroline needs to report her findings, but whom can she trust? When she asks Jesse Conover for help, the adventure begins.




For my book launch celebration, every visitor will receive 7 EBOOKS FREE if they preorder the Historical Romance: The Fox of Cordovia. For these promotional giveaways, go to https://lindaweaverclarke.wordpress.com.




6. Where can readers find you?
To read a sample chapter from each of my books in The Rebel Series, go to http://www.lindaweaverclarke.com/historicalromance.html and click on the title of the book that you want to read. Here are two book trailers for your readers to watch, so they can understand what these books are about.


The Rebels of Cordovia:





The Highwayman of Cordovia







To purchase a book, visit http://www.lindaweaverclarke.com/purchasebook.html.  

No comments: