Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Hello, my name is Marie. I have an addiction...

Hi, ya-all. My name is Marie Higgins and I have an addiction. I'm totally and completely addicted to...

ROMANCE COVERS!!!!!

I know...I know.  It's sad when you really think about it. When I see an awesome picture from one of my favorite websites - Period Images - I fall in love with it and I think that eventually I'll buy it because I'll definitely have a story idea to go with that picture. Then, my wonderful and amazing cover artist, Sheri McGathy, reads my mind (really, I don't know how it works, but she does) and I see the same couple / pose I found on Period Images that she has already made into a book cover. Usually, I react right away because I want to get it before anyone else buys it and uses it.

What's wrong with me? (no, don't answer that yet. lol)

Sometimes I think there needs to be a new addiction group created just for romance writers like me. Because I can't be the only one! Please, tell me I'm not the only one...

So I was looking through my flashdrive of the covers I still have that I haven't written a story for - or I have started the story and haven't completed. So many stories...so little time.

This story is 3/4 of the way finished
No idea for a plot on this one...
I've written three chapters on this story.

I've written seven chapters on this story - still working on it...
Wrote two chapters before stalling...
Just started on this one. I'll probably trade back and forth between this one and "Champion".
I wrote eight chapters before stalling on this one.


No comments: