Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Announcing...another release!

I'm so very excited to tell you about my newest release, "Waiting For You". This story was such a joy to write because even the twists and turns - and mystery - surprised me!  This book was published before under a different title, but since getting the book back from the publisher, I've added more scenes, and made the story even better!! And of course, I have an AWESOME book cover!!  And although this story isn't in print yet - give it a week and it will be!

So if you like ghost stories, if you like time-travel, and if you like humor and a great mystery..."Waiting For You" is a MUST have!


"Recommended Read!" by Anna Kathryn Lanier, Amazon reviewer

"I highly recommend this book, a wonderful timeless love story." by Mary Martinez, suspense author





When a beautiful woman claiming to be a ghost from 1912 appears in Nick Marshal’s new office and begs for help in solving her murder, he’s intrigued enough to consider her plea. A scandal that rocked Hollywood almost destroyed his law practice, so taking on a client who insists she’s dead seems a good way to refresh his career. The more history he uncovers, the deeper he falls for the ghost. Abigail Carlisle believes Nick is her heart’s true desire, but how can happily ever after happen when she’s already dead?





"A captivating tale of murder and love across time!" by Melissa Lynne Blue, historical romance author

"This tale had lots of twists and turns with a bit of ghostly humor." by Teri Rodeman, Goodreads reviewer


**excerpt**



She wrung her hands against her stomach. “Someone was in the room, but it was too dark to see. I asked who was there, but no one answered. I heard the clicking of a pistol. The last thing I remember was the pungent odor of the bullet’s powder as a fierce pain exploded in my head.” Her gloved fingers touched her temple. “After that, I remember standing beside my grave while people cried and threw flowers on my casket.”
Nick was mesmerized. Miss Carlisle was a great actress—and what an interesting story! If he hadn’t given up his private detective business years ago, he would love to invest his time in a case like this.
He tapped his forefinger on his chin. “Tell me, if somebody killed you, why does the newspaper say you committed suicide?”
“The murder weapon was found in my hand.”
“That makes sense, but tell me how am I supposed to discover who killed you if it happened all those years ago? I would think the person who killed you is more than likely dead by now.”
She lowered her gaze. “That is a good question, but finding my killer is the only way I can cross over. I suppose you would have to use your investigative skills to help me.”
Nick drummed his fingers on the desk and studied her as she once again sucked on her bottom lip, making it a raspberry color. In all his years practicing law, not one of his cases had sent excitement flowing through his veins, or made him feel so alive…until now. If he could take on this case and solve the nearly one-hundred-year-old murder, it would definitely boost his reputation.
Wait, what am I thinking? Even if he did solve her case who would believe him? Nick knew people would simply think he’d gone crazy like his mother. After all, Miss Carlisle was a ghost…wasn’t she?
He loosened his tie. After releasing the first button at his neck, he cleared his throat. “How about I start using my investigative skills now?” He pushed away from his desk and stood.
Her body stiffened, and she held his gaze.
“Tell me one more thing, Miss Carlisle. What if I were to touch you?” He reached his hand toward her face, stopping just a few inches away. “If you are a ghost, I wouldn’t be able to feel anything. Am I correct?”
She nodded but kept her eyes on his hand as she continued to nibble away at her bottom lip—more urgently now.
He hated to admit that he wanted to touch her more than anything, and not just to find out if she were a ghost. As she’d told her story, her eyes hinted of a great sadness, and he wanted to comfort her. And since she would never be his client, he saw no reason not to flirt with her.
Frowning, Nick stopped his thoughts. What if Travis and Steve were really behind this prank? Was this a test? Were they trying to see if he could withstand such a charming woman?
“What do you think will happen if I touch you, Miss Carlisle?”
She moved away from the window and to the edge of his desk where she sat. “I—I—don’t know. So far, nobody has been able to touch me.”
“Have people walked through you?”
“Yes, but I feel nothing, not even the whisper of a breeze.”
His hand was almost there, close to her cheek. He wanted to cup her face and sweep his thumb across her skin. His hand inched closer and her jaw tightened.

Buy from Amazon - click here


No comments: