Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Meet author Linda Weaver Clarke

I've met an awesome author and I'd like you to get to know her, too!!

Linda, tell us a little about yourself.
I travel throughout the United States, teaching a Family Legacy Writing Workshop, encouraging people to write their family history and autobiography. I am also the author of nine novels and two non-fiction e-books. The historical sweet romance series, “A Family Saga in Bear Lake, Idaho,” includes: Melinda and the Wild West - an awarding winning novel. I also have a mystery/adventure series, “The Adventures of John and Julia Evans.” My two non-fiction e-books are Writing Your Family Legacy and Reflections of the Heart.

Linda, that's great you have so many books! Tell us about your new release and what inspired you to write this.
Desert Intrigue is full of Mystery… Adventure... Romance... Humor... and Intrigue! When Julia’s brother announces that his dude ranch is haunted, she believes that someone is trying to sabotage his place and force him to sell. The mysterious happenings have to do with Superstition Mountain, the lost Dutchman’s goldmine, and the great Thunder God. Is it possible that the legend of the Thunder God is actually true? After a terrible thunderstorm, everyone begins to wonder. John and Julia quickly head to Mesa, Arizona and discover a few mysterious events. Will they find out who is behind these disasters before Uncle Kelly’s dude ranch is ruined?

While Julia’s daughters, Sharlene and Faith, are busy helping their uncle save the ranch, April and Matthew are planning their wedding but everything seems to go wrong.


Linda! Your story sounds VERY interesting! Have you fashioned your characters after anyone? If so, who – and why?
Yes! This series was inspired by one of my favorite TV shows long ago called Hart to Hart, which featured a married couple investigating and solving crimes staring Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers. The couple was madly in love–you laughed at the humor and sighed at the romance. I wanted to create something similar with a little suspense and adventure. In this series Julia is a reporter for a daily newspaper and John is a professional knife maker. Just like Hart to Hart, because of her curiosity, Julia gets herself into a bunch of trouble. Before long, she finds herself and her husband up to their necks in danger and running for their lives. There is one difference. John and Julia Evans have three college age daughters. I feel this makes the couple have more appeal to a larger audience. I also fashioned John and Julia’s 3 daughters after my last 3 daughters, their personality and everything about them.

I remember Hart to Hart!!  I loved it, too!!  I'm definitely going to have to get this book of yours!!  So how did you become a writer? What or who inspired you?
 It all started when I began writing my own ancestor’s stories. I believe it’s very important to teach our children their heritage. We are the people we are because of our ancestors. Our traits, our beliefs, our courage, our temperaments! Where did we get that red hair? Why am I so tall? Why is music part of my life? Each of us has a story from our ancestors or even our own story to tell. It’s up to us to write these experiences down. Our children can learn from their ancestors’ experiences. After writing my own ancestors’ stories, I couldn’t stop writing, so I turned to historical “sweet” romance and then mystery/adventure novels.

That's just wonderful, Linda! What stories are in your future?
Right now I’m so busy teaching at libraries throughout the U.S. that I’m not sure. I’ve got a few ideas but don’t know for sure when I’ll get around to it.
 
 
 
How can your fans get a hold of you? Do you have blogs, website, or a newsletter?

To learn more about what I teach and read sample stories, you can visit my website at www.lindaweaverclarke.com. I also have a “Family Friendly Blog” where I interview authors and have book giveaways each week. I will be having a book giveaway at my blog from May 11 – 17 for my new book, Desert Intrigue, as a promotion for my book launch at http://lindaweaverclarke.blogspot.com. Please come by and visit me at my blog.


READERS - Linda is having a book giveaway contest on her blog from May 11th - 17th!!  Don't miss it!

Thanks Linda!

1 comment:

Gail Pallotta said...

I've read Desert Intrigue. I love mysteries and this one got my attention with the Indian legend about a thunder god. It warms the heart with romance and family devotion.